How Pre-Workout Enhances Your Performance
Pre-workout supplements are an innovative addition to anyone’s lifestyle as they offer sudden, intense boosts of energy and focus. They are usually supplied in powder form which can be mixed with water, shakes or semi-solid food. Some of the most common ingredients found in pre-workouts are listed and explained below. It is recommended that you consume pre-workout 20-30mins before exercising to maximize performance and enhance fat burning. For individuals lacking motivation, or those who’ve hit a gym plateau, a pre-workout supplement can get you to go that extra mile or lift that extra 5kgs.
Pre-Workouts are brimming with healthy substances and additional vitamins and minerals. These infusions ensure that the body has enough fuel to supplement your activities, prevent fatigue, sharpen concentration and improve endurance levels:
- Creapure – Micronised Creatine Monohydrate reduces the body’s chances of getting exhausted and increases working capability. The body uses this chemical to generate energy. Creatine-Phosphate pathways supply high levels of energy / ATP quickly but for a short time. It is synthesized from amino acids after which it is directed to muscle tissues to offer fast bursts of energy to supplement powerlifting or sprinting. Moreover, it assists muscle growth by stimulating key biological pathways in the muscle tissue directly.
- Caffeine is known to promote the efficient burning of fat. Research demonstrates that caffeine surges energy expenditure by approximately 11%. This metabolic boost promotes weight loss by the burning of extra calories. Furthermore, it stimulates an increase in epinephrine adrenaline i.e. fight or flight hormone production in the bloodstream to effectively and quickly break down fat cells. This hormone prepares our body for intense physical exertion. It has proven to improve physical performance on average by 11-12%.
- Citrulline may enhance blood flow and increase endurance. This phytonutrient acts as a vasodilator and delays exhaustion and fatigue whilst exercising. This improved blood flow encourages the efficient delivery of nutrients to muscle tissues thereby accelerating post-exercise muscle recovery.
- KSM – 66 Ashwagandha enhances energy and endurance, improves muscle size and strength, assists muscle recovery, improves mental function, alertness and oxygen usage.
- Ginseng American Extract is known to boost energy, increase cognitive function, lower blood sugar level and cholesterol levels.
- Sodium Bicarbonate can provide an intense surge of power. It is an alkaline powder that during anaerobic activity buffers lactic acid stabilizing pH at 7 to intensify energy and extend workout sessions.
- Beta-alanine prompts muscle growth by regulating the quantity of carnosine and acidity levels in the muscles permitting muscles to work harder and longer. It supports more muscle building in a shorter time.
- L-Arginine is used by the body to synthesize nitric oxide. Nitric oxide helps your blood vessels relax and expand. This is important for regulating your blood flow.
- Beetroot Extract is used to help lower levels of triglycerides (a type of fat) in the blood, lower blood pressure and reduce muscle soreness. It is also been proven to boost performance, improve blood and oxygen flow to tired muscles, and increase endurance.
- If you are participating in fasted training, HMB inhibits muscle loss as it won’t trigger a rise in insulin levels and is a good anti-catabolic agent. In contrast to regular training, this spares muscles and increases fat burning capacity.
- L-Taurine supplementation safeguards muscle cells from oxidative stress. It also eliminates waste substances from muscle cells whilst working out. It reduces the risk of muscle soreness and damage.
- L-Tyrosine maintains focus in intensely stressful situations. As the body depletes adrenaline and dopamine (i.e. essential neurotransmitters), L-tyrosine replenishes them.
If you are looking for one of the most advanced formulations on the market, please check out our Yalla Protein Pre-Workout.